Selling Your Home in the Spring
Spring is the optimum time to sell a home. Here are some things you can do to improve the odds that your home will stand out among the sea of new listings flooding the spring-time real estate market:
- Wash windows inside and out/polish all mirrors
- A potential buyer may not realize why your home seems so inviting but will feel drawn to it if the windows are spotless and your mirrors reflect sunlight.
- Rack the yard/trim back bushes
- Clean out dead leaves and debris in your lawn. Don’t let overgrown vegetation block the widows or path to the entrance. Cutting bushes and tree limbs will let the sun inside and showcase the exterior of the home.
- Mow Diagonally and edge lawn along driveway/sidewalks
- Manicured lawns are edged and shows buyers you pay attention to details. Diagonally mowed lawns make your yard appear larger.
- Landscape with flowers
- Everybody is anxious to see the first signs of spring and buyers will like to see flowers around the home.
- Clean drapes, curtains, & blinds and open every window
- Send your window coverings to the dry cleaners or wash, dry and press. Get rid of all accumulated dust and spider webs. Crisp linens and a spring-time breeze through the windows invites the season inside.
- Set out fresh-smelling flowers
- Natural scents are more appealing that artificial and trigger fewer allergies among those susceptible. Clever home staging brings color and fragrance indoors.
- Polish floors to a high gloss
- Your hardwood floors should be refinished, if necessary. Make your ceramic and linoleum floors twinkle and shine. Thoroughly clean all area rugs
- Utilize towels, throws, pillows
- Soft spring colors light up a room. Layer towels on bathroom towel racks and place rolled wash cloths on the counters in a fashionable pyramid.
- Offer an outside mat for cleaning shoes & put umbrella stand at entrance
- Spring weather can be unpredictable. If it’s raining, this gives buyers a place to stash umbrellas and wipe their feet before entering your home.
- Clear away clutter
- While everyone has clutter, buyers want to see a fantasy version of your house. Once your home is on the market you’ll need to keep it as neat as possible. One way to make that easier is to reduce the amount of clutter you have on your shelves and surfaces.
Original articles found at: