House Buying Checklist
We want to make sure you have all the information needed to buy the perfect house. We created a checklist for you to use when buying a home. It may seem a little overwhelming, but hopefully you will be glad you took the time to go over this and it was beneficial to you.
- Be an informed buyer.
- Familiarize yourself with the mortgage process.
- Get Pre-Approved before you look for a home and show with the power of a cash buyer.
- Get your financial picture in focus as soon as possible.
- Best time to work on your budget is before you move.
- Consider how much time is needed to buy a home.
- Find an Agent that you trust.
- Determine house needs and wants to determine the types of houses you should look at.
- Familiarize yourself with the various types of houses: single family, townhouse, and condo.
- House Hunting Time!
- Familiarize yourself with how to set a value on a house.
- When you find an acceptable house, write an offer.
- Negotiate your best deal using the information you have acquired.
- Make a mortgage loan request.
- Arrange for home inspection.
- Learn about home warranties and what they cover.
- Compare and secure homeowners insurance.
- Arrange for closing agent or attorney.
- Make moving plans.
- Secure final loan approval and commitment from the lending institution.
- Do a final walk through of the house.
- Final closing and settlement.
- Move to your new home and begin enjoying it!
Now that you have read through the list…what’s the stress level? Make a copy of this checklist if you would like to and we will do everything we can to bring down the stress level for you!